Idle Thoughts

Daily musings and demented, psychotic ponderings

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

I like music a lot, I played guitar most of my life and even was in a band once. I could spend hours playing music by myself or entertaining others. I was good, maybe even pretty good, but never REALLY good. I have 3 Fender Guitars that now have an inch of dust on them. I haven't touched them since March 25, 2001 and I never will again.

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Eric

ERIC
Since Eric left, my life
In every way has changed
But life all around me
In every way remains the same

Why does the Earth keep turning round
When my world has seen its end
Where can a reason for me be found
For my world to turn again

Although I love my children all
In Eric it was plain to see
All my children resemble one and all
But my son looked just like me

My father looked like his dad
And I look like mine
That’s the look that Eric had
In this Human assembly line

But now that look will die with me
For my son has gone ahead
No more the world, that look will see
But will haunt the afterlife instead

Although my son has gone away
He still seems to be around
For everywhere I turn to look
His presence can still be found

His things still lie on his bedroom floor
His pictures are on the wall
His coat and hat hang by the door
His shoes are in the hall

At night I sit to watch TV
And notice he’s not there
Where he used to sit and watch with me
Is now filled with quiet air

Where do these loved ones go
When they leave this place
Why are we left not to know
When we enter this Human Race

How much better life would be
If we did not fear its end
For I would truly happy be
If I was sure we’d meet again
Don Carothers-Eric’s dad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home