Idle Thoughts

Daily musings and demented, psychotic ponderings

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

I like music a lot, I played guitar most of my life and even was in a band once. I could spend hours playing music by myself or entertaining others. I was good, maybe even pretty good, but never REALLY good. I have 3 Fender Guitars that now have an inch of dust on them. I haven't touched them since March 25, 2001 and I never will again.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Tell me this Country is not going to Hell!

Tell me this Country is not going to Hell!

I am sick and tired of giving up my personal freedoms and political control to all these liberal mamby pambies that believe THEY should tell the rest of us (Americans); what to do and how to live!

Two things recently in the news that underscores the title of this writing:

Police are arresting and citing a group of young people in California for walking out of school on Monday March 31, in protest.
First of all forget for a moment what they are protesting and focus on the fact that this country was founded in part on the belief that everyone has a voice and peaceful protest is legal.
Can anyone say “fascism?”

Second, they are protesting the fact that Caesar Chavez’s birthday is not a school holiday. Now to the Hispanics, Caesar Chavez is the equivalent of Martin Luther King.

Does anyone remember the protests and movement that went on to get Martin Luther King, Jr. birthday recognized as a Federal Holiday? I do, and I do not remember the police running around arresting and citing African Americans for simply walking around carrying signs. Yes, yes I know that the African Americans have been oppressed by the man and that they have suffered discrimination in this country but, I do not believe that this is about discrimination.

It is my opinion that this is just another case of mounting cases of intolerance in this country. America has become so intolerant of everyone and everything that you can’t even smoke outside in public parks, or drive around with an outrageous bumper sticker on your car or fry your own goddamn bacon in whatever oil you choose without breaking some kind of law.

And, if you do something that someone else doesn’t like and if it isn’t against the law, they will stand outside Wal-Mart and get dumbass’s who won’t take the time to read what they’re signing, to sign a petition to MAKE it against the law!

This country under the weight of Political Correctness and the attitudes of the lazy, me, me, me generation who do not want to work toward anything but wish only to complain about everything, IS GOING TO HELL!

The second thing in the news just yesterday comes to us from New Jersey. Yes New Jersey as though their opinion matters.

They are attempting to pass an ordinance making it a misdemeanor to leave the beach without filling in the holes or knocking down the sand castles that your children may have created while playing.

Yes and the citation can cost up to $500.00! Five Hundred Dollars for playing in the sand at the public beach in America!

Where in the Hell do these public officials come from? If Thomas Jefferson were alive today he would go from State to State, from Assembly to Assembly and kick every politician in the nuts!

I served in this country’s military for 13 years defending our freedoms, some of which do not even exist anymore; and I can tell you this without hesitation: I love America but I am really beginning to hate Americans!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home