Idle Thoughts

Daily musings and demented, psychotic ponderings

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

I like music a lot, I played guitar most of my life and even was in a band once. I could spend hours playing music by myself or entertaining others. I was good, maybe even pretty good, but never REALLY good. I have 3 Fender Guitars that now have an inch of dust on them. I haven't touched them since March 25, 2001 and I never will again.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Freedom Flight!

She wondered through life as though it were a rain storm
With direction only once in awhile
But could she see to the end of the road
Yes, that is the question she answered

She seen herself flying down the interstate
Her rocket was a white convertible
The cool red leather of the seat made her smile
Face framed by radical sunglasses and a red scarf

The signs that flew by had no meaning
She was going that way, the way the car was pointed
She had some money and a half pack of cigarettes
A half bottle of beer precariously hung from her hand outside the car

As she flew low over the desert she often wondered where those unpaved roads went
She kept seeing half filled bottles sitting on the side of the road
It was five minutes of someone’s life too busy to stop
She thought about the snickers she kept in the glove box next to her .38

She wasn’t sure what to do with this newfound freedom
Free to go and free to stay, a bird with wings
With no agenda and a full tank of gas
And of course the full bottle of Tequila between her legs

She smiled at the thought
She would pull over to the side of the road
Sit in a lawn chair with her top off
It was daring and a little nasty, she liked that and slowly pushed on the brake pedal

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home