Idle Thoughts

Daily musings and demented, psychotic ponderings

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

I like music a lot, I played guitar most of my life and even was in a band once. I could spend hours playing music by myself or entertaining others. I was good, maybe even pretty good, but never REALLY good. I have 3 Fender Guitars that now have an inch of dust on them. I haven't touched them since March 25, 2001 and I never will again.

Monday, February 28, 2005

Oscar for "The Best Phrase"

As the days grow shorter the darkness seems to bring on a feeling of nostalgia in me. Maybe it’s this time of year, maybe it’s this time of season, whatever it is, it seems to be buried deep in my soul.

The air takes on a chill that recognizes my need to feel safe and a desire for everything to slow down.

There is both a yearning for rain and renewal and a longing for the summer that is just gone and the warm nights under twinkling stars and the endless opportunity in the Universe.

Although the growing darkness limits doing, it encourages thinking. Mostly of those things I could be doing were it not dark outside. But then there are those ever present thoughts of the past and how things used to be. It’s very hard to just let go.

One of my all time favorite manly man movies is the first “Lonesome Dove”. In this there is a scene where the “guys” Woodrow, Gus, Newt, Deets, PI, and Dish come upon some dead “sod busters that have been shot, hung and then burnt. The site of their death shocks the guys and then there is the line that Gus says that I believe is very good, he says “the best thing to do with death is to ride off from it”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home