Idle Thoughts

Daily musings and demented, psychotic ponderings

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

I like music a lot, I played guitar most of my life and even was in a band once. I could spend hours playing music by myself or entertaining others. I was good, maybe even pretty good, but never REALLY good. I have 3 Fender Guitars that now have an inch of dust on them. I haven't touched them since March 25, 2001 and I never will again.

Monday, March 07, 2005

Without a Trace

Could I blow this place off and just leave like so many others you hear about?
Is it possible to just check out and go somewhere and start new?
Well on the front end it would seem to create quite a stir. You know the whole missing persons, police, and relative’s kind of thing. But would that be worth freedom?
Freedom from what? You say.
Well freedom from a fucked up life.
Is my life really that fucked up? You ask.
No not really but it isn’t what I want.
Well you say, not everyone gets what they want. So just suck it up and press on!
Why? Why should we have to live a life we do not like? Why can’t we at least try to change things?
Well because you’re not alone in this life that’s why. You say. There are others that will be greatly affected by your leaving.
Hmm, of course you’re right. But hey when is it my turn? When do I get to live?
You are living. You say. This is it. Who has a perfect life? No one that’s who! So suck it up!
Fuck I don’t want too. I want what I want and I don’t like it when I don’t get to have what I want!!
If you left this life, wouldn’t you miss it? Is there nothing you would miss about it?
Yes of course. There are things that I like.
So what will you do when you grow bored with the new life, leave again?
Don’t know. If I did, what’s wrong with that?
Ask all the homeless people on the street.
Ah, I see where you’re going.
You can’t keep drifting, you must settle down somewhere in order to have things. What about when you are old and must retire? What then?
I hate thinking that far ahead. I just want to think about now. Tomorrow will take care of itself.
No, it won’t you say. Tomorrow won’t take care of itself. You must plan for it or you won’t have anything.
Damn it! I want to party! I don’t want to work anymore I want a life of lying on the beach drinking cold beers.
Me too! You say, but how are you going to pay for it? Where are you going to get your money? Where you going to live?
Damn, you always spoil my dreams with your dose of reality.
Hey Tahiti might be great if you can afford it, but homeless there is the same as homeless anywhere, it sucks! What naked babe is going to be attracted to a homeless bum?
Hmm. You suck!
You suck more!
Don’t.
Do.
Don’t.
Do!
Alright, alright enough! Sheesh, what’s up with this crapolla you’re giving me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home