Idle Thoughts

Daily musings and demented, psychotic ponderings

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

I like music a lot, I played guitar most of my life and even was in a band once. I could spend hours playing music by myself or entertaining others. I was good, maybe even pretty good, but never REALLY good. I have 3 Fender Guitars that now have an inch of dust on them. I haven't touched them since March 25, 2001 and I never will again.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Knockin On Heavens Door

There are in this lifetime those things that get our attention as individuals and strike a chord in our soul.
For me one of these things is the song by Bob Dylan, Knockin On Heavens Door. This song really “sings” to me. It was a favorite of my sons; only he preferred the version by Guns and Roses. Late at night he and I would occasionally play that song on our black Strats in the living room. Me on the couch and him sitting on the floor opposite me with his black Strat plugged into his Fender amp with an electric pink cable.
He always got this intense look on his face with his bottom jaw pushed forward as he concentrated on something.
I am really starting to like the Guns and Roses version.

Eric; my son held my daughters first child; Nathaniel. 5 years later Eric held my daughters second child; Anthony. 5 years after that last night; Eric was not here to hold my daughters third child; a beautiful new baby girl, Erica.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mylissa said...

Collect this new life in your heart, cherish this new innocense, hold this little girl sacred. Maybe she is here to fulfill a need for replenishing. A yearning for love, a desire for bliss which is all a baby has to offer.

Congratulations.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home