Idle Thoughts

Daily musings and demented, psychotic ponderings

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

I like music a lot, I played guitar most of my life and even was in a band once. I could spend hours playing music by myself or entertaining others. I was good, maybe even pretty good, but never REALLY good. I have 3 Fender Guitars that now have an inch of dust on them. I haven't touched them since March 25, 2001 and I never will again.

Friday, August 19, 2005

A Chance To Rest

IV
Tonight is no different; at least I think it’s night. It’s very easy to lose track of time now. I’m not sure if it’s a night without moonlight or if its day.

At any rate I’ve been moving now through what appears to be an upper class housing area. The homes although pretty much ransacked and some burnt out completely are all quite huge in size and you can tell that at one time they were quite fancy. A lot of brickwork and wrought iron gates and fences and the like.

This is a very dangerous place as many of the gangs that roam around killing hang out in some of these old buildings. Usually you can see orange flickering light coming from inside from the fires they light to stay warm and sometimes to draw the Dark Warriors in.

I believe the Dark Warriors are getting wise to their traps now as many of them have been ambushed and killed and then eaten by the Hu-mans employing just such tactics.

There was one time when in a moment of insanity, I entertained a thought of doing just such a trick. After witnessing an entire family including children slaughtered and eaten by the night beasts I figured I would set a trap for the bastards and kill as many of them as I could. But on second thought I realized how foolish that would be. I’m one guy and the Dark Warriors, besides being more than a match for me usually come in pairs if not a group. But somehow these killing gangs have managed to even the score a little with their numbers.

Some of the fuel from the machines left discarded after the darkening is used for weapons rather than fuel. These gangs will entice as many of the monsters in as they can by lighting fires and making noise and then when they come in to attack, the Hu-mans throw gas on them and then light them up. While the Dark Warriors turn round and round screaming while they burn up in a fiery evil torch the gangs drink and dance and laugh.
I must admit, I rather enjoy the show myself.

It’s about time for me to stop for a while and rest. Everything seems pretty quiet and peaceful here. Maybe I can even shut my eyes for a few minutes. I’ve developed a method by which I can afford myself some protection. I look for an area that has a couple of dumpsters together and lift the lids. I hold them open with sticks and tie a cord to the sticks and then stretch it all around the area of the dumpsters tying cans and bottles to the rope. I then find a place nearby the dumpsters and hide in the shadows. If anyone approaches and hits the cord, they not only set off the cans and bottles rattling and breaking but they also trip the sticks causing the lids to slam on the dumpsters.
Usually the Dark Warriors run to the dumpsters to search inside for the prey they think are hiding there. This not only wakes me, but also gives me time to get the hell out of dodge before they realize there is no one inside.

I realize it’s kind of simple but the beasts have not yet completely figured us out and always seem to fall for the obvious.

As time passes they will learn and things will change but for now you do whatever works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home