Idle Thoughts

Daily musings and demented, psychotic ponderings

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

I like music a lot, I played guitar most of my life and even was in a band once. I could spend hours playing music by myself or entertaining others. I was good, maybe even pretty good, but never REALLY good. I have 3 Fender Guitars that now have an inch of dust on them. I haven't touched them since March 25, 2001 and I never will again.

Monday, October 17, 2005

Such a Negative Society We Live In……

Why are we, humans; so negative? Why do we practice negative reinforcement instead of positive?
How did we get this way?
I believe religion is at fault. Think about it. What else has seemingly endured since the beginning that teaches us that if we screw up we are going to burn in Hell forever and ever!
Growing up I was never told to clean my room or do my homework or be in on time so I could get a prize, or a treat or even a hug.
No, I was told as were all my friends that if I didn’t clean my room I would get the tar knocked out of me. First of all folks, how did I get tar in me and what is it for and why should it be knocked out of me? If it’s in me shouldn’t it be there and shouldn’t I keep it? I mean, don’t I need it?
People of my generation and that of those previous all believed in going to church. Why? Not because they believe in God but because they believe in Satan!!
They are not religious because they want to go to Heaven, no indeed not; they are religious because they do not want to go to Hell!
Do you tell your children to go to bed so they can dream of naked girls?
Oh wait a minute, that’s me.
Do you tell them to go to bed so they can wake up refreshed and ready to meet the day or do you tell them to go to bed or you’ll kick their ass!
Do you lose your temper with them and tell them you will tear their arm off and beat them with it?
Wouldn’t it be nice to grow up in a world where making a mistake was a good learning experience and not the crippling social malady that ours currently is?
When you think of drinking and driving do you think that you might wreck and kill someone or do you first think you might get busted and charged with a DUI, which would certainly cost you thousands of buckies?
Look at all the problems in the world today regarding religion – it’s almost always negative. If you’re not Muslim you face being killed by terrorists. Even the parents of Palestinian children would rather see their kids dead than a Jew live.
This world is pretty fucked up, wouldn’t you say?Don’t agree because I’m right, agree with me or else I’ll kick your ass!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home