Idle Thoughts

Daily musings and demented, psychotic ponderings

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

I like music a lot, I played guitar most of my life and even was in a band once. I could spend hours playing music by myself or entertaining others. I was good, maybe even pretty good, but never REALLY good. I have 3 Fender Guitars that now have an inch of dust on them. I haven't touched them since March 25, 2001 and I never will again.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

TIME

They say time heals all wounds and I suppose it does. But it also opens some. It’s almost my son’s birthday. He would be 24 had he lived.

He has been gone now for 5 years and 4 months.

There is very little pain now when I think of his death only the sadness of knowing he’s gone.
I don’t think of him as much as I used too and THAT is the problem. That is a different kind of wound. This wound isn’t healed by time but instead made worse.

When I see his picture or something that reminds me of him, I suddenly feel happy at the thought of him and then I suddenly realize that I haven’t been thinking of him and then I feel bad.

Time really isn’t our friend; it just brings everything to an end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home