Idle Thoughts

Daily musings and demented, psychotic ponderings

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

I like music a lot, I played guitar most of my life and even was in a band once. I could spend hours playing music by myself or entertaining others. I was good, maybe even pretty good, but never REALLY good. I have 3 Fender Guitars that now have an inch of dust on them. I haven't touched them since March 25, 2001 and I never will again.

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Idle Time

04:42 pm - Idle time makes one think of weird shit How did someone, the very first person; invent things for the first time such as beer?It has been said that necessity is the mother of invention. Yes I believe that, to an extent. But some inventions seem to lack necessity. Was beer a necessity, was ice cream?It would seem to me that we had help inventing some of these things. It would seem to me that we might have had help in creating the necessity for these things.If however these things were given to us originally then whoever the giver was must answer these questions.How do you start to think that if you only had a way to ferment grain and hops and barley and sugar then you could come up with some liquid that would intoxicate you and free you if only for a moment from these confounding thoughts of needing the stuff in the first place.Does one look at a field of weeds and say, hmm, I bet I could cut all that shit down and do something with it besides thatch my hut.It would appear that we are pawns in a sadistic game whereby things are introduced to us along the line just to see what we’ll do with them.Of course you have those folks who pretend to know by saying things like, “well back 10,000 years ago people were tired from walking across the world and just happened to sit down next to a fig tree in the summer. It was a hot day and rotting figs were all over the ground fermenting and after a while these wonderers became intoxicated from breathing the fumes. After passing out and then waking up after a time they said damn I got a headache and feel like shit! Hey I bet it’s all this rotting fruit on the ground! Let’s collect it and take it with us so we can feel like shit everyday!!To those people I say, what the fuck do you know?Then I tell them the story of how one day I went surfing and got stingrayed in the head!!Gotta go Baby’s!Current Mood: amusedCurrent Music: 3 doors down and 1 door to the right

1 Comments:

Blogger Gift From Virgo said...

I pretty sure most things are "invented" accidentally. People didn't set out to make a great discovery, rather stumbled upon greatness. Penicillin for example. We like to think we are so smart as humans but most of the time I think it's just dumb luck.

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home