Idle Thoughts

Daily musings and demented, psychotic ponderings

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

I like music a lot, I played guitar most of my life and even was in a band once. I could spend hours playing music by myself or entertaining others. I was good, maybe even pretty good, but never REALLY good. I have 3 Fender Guitars that now have an inch of dust on them. I haven't touched them since March 25, 2001 and I never will again.

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Product Obsolessence?

How in the name of all that is holy and sacred do third party CPU cooling fan manufacturers stay in business?

Does it make sense that they exist at all? No!

Who knows more about CPU’s and how to cool them? The CPU manufacturers or the third party guys?

If AMD or Intel make a chip that they know needs a lot of cooling to work properly and not fail over time then one would think they could package it with a reasonably well working fan.

Why then do third party manufacturers sell cooling fans?

From personal experience the third party fans work much better and if you speak with anyone who has built several computers they will tell you the same thing.

Do ya think AMD and Intel intentionally build in product obsolescence? Hmm, maybe if the fans don’t work that well, right about the time the warranty runs out the chips overheat and fail.

Ah “by Jove, I think we’ve got it”.

By the third party “bigger badder fan” you’ll like yourself for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home